13 ways to strengthen nails at home
1. Firming mask of olive oil and lemon juice.
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a water bath (to make it warm) and mix it with a few drops of lemon juice. Apply the mixture with massaging movements onto nail plates, wear cotton gloves, and leave the mask overnight. The procedure can be carried out 1-2 times a week.
2. Firming and nourishing bath of sea salt.
Take half a liter of warm water and dissolve one incomplete tablespoon of sea salt in it (preferably using salt that does not contain aromatic additives), put your fingers in the bath and hold them for about 20 minutes. Then dry your hands and massage them with a fat cream with a massaging movement, paying special attention to the nails. The procedure should be carried out daily for 10 days, then you need to take a break for one month.
3. Mask with red pepper to strengthen and accelerate the growth of nails.
Mix half a teaspoon of red pepper, 10 drops of boiled water and one teaspoon of a fat hand cream. Hold the mixture for 10 minutes in a water bath and cool, then brush it with nails evenly, wait 15-20 minutes and wash the mask with water. You can use this mask no more than once a month.
4. Ointment with wax to give strength to the nails.
Melt in a water bath 4 g of beeswax. Knead the yolk of a hard-boiled egg with a fork and mix it with wax. Then a little peach oil is added to the mixture until a thick ointment is formed. Use every evening.
5. Lemon juice with salt to strengthen the nail plates.
Squeeze about a tablespoon of lemon juice into the saucer, add a couple of pinch of salt, mix the ingredients, and then apply the mixture to your nails with a brush. Wait 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
6. Firming bath of salt and iodine.
Take a glass of warm water, dissolve in it an incomplete tablespoon of salt, add 3-5 drops of iodine. In the resulting solution, dip the tips of your fingers for 15-20 minutes.
7. Iodine to strengthen and prevent exfoliation of the nails.
At bedtime, apply ordinary iodine on the nail plate with a brush. First, the nails turn yellow, but by the morning iodine is absorbed and their normal color returns to the nails.
8. Nail care with the juice of sour berries.
Any sour berries, such as currants, lingonberries, cranberries, etc., are suitable for the procedure. Take the berry and rub it on the nail and skin of the finger around it.
9. Medical mask from natural wax.
Melt on a water bath natural wax. Dip your fingertips in the mixture, and then immediately dip your hands in cold water. Fingers will be covered with a layer of natural wax, which must be left overnight, wearing cotton gloves. Use twice a week for three weeks.
10. Herbal decoction to strengthen and nourish nails.
Two tablespoons of a mixture of chamomile, burdock root and St. John’s wort pour a glass of boiling water, let it brew a little, and then lower the tips of the fingers into the broth. Use once a week.
11. Bath with olive oil, egg and honey.
Heat a mixture of two tablespoons of honey and the same amount of olive oil in a water bath, then remove the mixture from the heat and add a beaten egg to it. Dip your hands in the resulting bath for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse them with warm water.
12. Tray of vegetable oil, iodine and lemon juice for fragile and peeling nails. Heat a little vegetable oil in the water bath, add a few drops of vitamin A oil solution, 3 drops of iodine and a little lemon juice.
13. Gelatin bath for weakened nails.
Gelatin perfectly nourishes and strengthens the nails. Dissolve half a tablespoon of gelatin in one glass of boiling water, wait for the mixture to cool, and then dip your nails in it for 10-15 minutes. The bath can be used 2-3 times a week.